Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Like Pulling Teeth...

A rare third entry today: Today at 3PM, I was set for one of my very favorite pastimes - dentistry victim. Numbed, dumbed, drooling and prostrate, my personal tooth fairy was coming at me with a tiny boat hook when my phone rang.

'Scuse me... I have to take this...

And, naturally, it was a rare return call from some prospective employer. My timing has been uniformly impeccable lately.

Now, there are those who say that a vocabulary is an important asset in impressing hiring managers; I would like to add proper diction as a equally valuable tool. Sounding like a stroke victim does absolutely nothing for prospects during phone interviews.

Hopefully, my burbling explanation was sufficient to hold him off until tomorrow morning. Wish me luck - I'll keep you informed...

No comments:

Post a Comment