Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Ugly Stepsister Effect

The worst part of casting about for employment is the deafening silence; you throw your resume to the wind, and then silence. A phone call comes in - you speak to some enthusiastically interested party, and then silence. You go to an in-person interview, and then silence.

It certainly shines new light on the "Cinderella" story; if I were half-related to some hottie that got all the attention while I languished, shunned in her shadow, I'd be bitchy too.

Sure, competition is steep out there. Jobs are hard to come by. But you'd figure that, somewhere in 600 resumes, there'd be somebody out there desperate enough to hire a ten-year veteran of Internet Publishing. I can take being second best... but so far, the 600 folks that somehow have proven my betters have left the field. How much farther down the list do I rate? Am I Hot or Not?

Not.

At All.

I could take this personally, or I could blame the lazy damned mice in my apartment. Not one of them have done so much as measure me for a decent suit. Bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment